Careers in West Cornwall
Thank you for your interest in joining the Mount Haven team – a small, dedicated and friendly team that is passionate about hospitality and providing superior guest service.
Please keep an eye on our social media channels for any updates.
Are you looking for the next step in your creative career?
The award-winning Mount Haven Hotel and Restaurant is looking for a Head Chef, an exciting role for the right person to come and join us on our journey. Starting in March 2020 after our refurbishment, you’ll use your experience and creativity to help reinforce our identity as a boutique, food-focused destination in West Cornwall.
We’re looking for an experienced Head Chef with a passion for seasonal, local produce and a love of wild, foraged ingredients. In keeping with our ethos, sustainability will be at the core of everything you do.
We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner to both hotel guests and non-residents. We offer a relaxed menu in our Terrace Bar (40 covers) and an a la carte style in our main restaurant (60 covers)
2020 will see the start of bespoke weddings and events at The Mount Haven and as Head Chef you will work closely with the management team in developing and delivering this new strategy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all elements of the kitchen department and will lead, motivate and line-manage our existing small and close-knit kitchen team, bringing passion and creativity to the role.
• Have experience leading and managing a similar style kitchen to include effective cost management, food hygiene and HR
• Have an interest in sustainability and a passion for local, seasonal produce
• Have a great work ethic and commitment to everything you do
• Lead and develop your team with enthusiasm in an efficient yet calm manner
Why you should choose Mount Haven:
• The Mount Haven is a relaxed, professional place to work in a stunning location, with views of St Michael’s Mount. After extensive refurbishment to all areas of the hotel, including the restaurant and Terrace Bar, we re-open again in April 2020.
• We were awarded the Best Hotel accolade at the recent Trencherman's Awards. The Trencherman’s Guide is a guide to the best dining and hotel experiences in the South West.
• Free entry to St Michael’s Mount for yourself and a number of family and friends
• 20% discount across the food and beverage and retail outlets within St Aubyn Estates: St Michael’s Mount, The Godolphin, Sail Loft and Island Café and Shop, Beach Box and Porthgwarra Café and free parking in the hotel and at Follyfields Car Park
• Discounts on paddle-boarding and kayaking in Mount’s Bay with Ocean High.
• Social events throughout the year including quiz nights, water sports events and parties.
Please send us your CV and a cover letter detailing why you’re the right candidate this role to email@example.com. Closing date 17th January 2019. Interviews will be held week of 27th January with a view for the successful candidate to start early March.